The Babytek is a handy system for borrowing baby items that you only need for a short time. Whether space is limited at home, you only have your little niece visiting a few times a year, you have a limited budget or just want to opt for radically less clutter, the Babytek is the solution for young families looking for sustainable baby supplies. Support our growfunding and lend a hand in making the Babytek possible!
What is the Babytek?
Hooray, there’s a baby on the way! Let’s quickly get the nursery ready! What do you need to make it happen? A great deal, if you’re to believe the many birth gift registries and tips. However, there are several things that are only used briefly if ever. Young parents face significant costs, while 4 in 10 children in Brussels grow up in poverty.
Our lending service for baby items aims to make sustainable baby supplies accessible to all. We hope to inspire other places with the Babytek in Ixelles/Elsene Community Centre, so that lending services can develop throughout Flanders for sustainable baby supplies.
What does the Babytek do?
- We collect high-quality and sustainable baby supplies that can remain in circulation for a long time (such as a baby bath, high chair cushions, Maxi-Cosy, breast feeding cushion, baby food processors, bouncers, buggies, etc.)
- We offer people an opportunity to test products (not every baby likes a baby carrier)
- We chip away at the mountain of waste
- We offer a solution for people with limited space at home
- We bring young parents into contact with a real-life example of use instead of ownership
- We create a meeting place for young parents in the heart of Brussels
Who is the Babytek for?
Everyone can become a member of the Babytek. The Babytek is for parents and grandparents, rich and poor, newly formed families and singles, Brussels natives and newcomers, minimalists and those up for new experiences, etc. As a member, you have access to a great many high-quality baby supplies!