- When will the Babytek be launched?
As soon as we have collected the initial capital of 12,000 euros, we can start with the equipment. Ideally, we should open on 1 February 2018.
- How often is the Babytek opened?
Depending on the number of volunteers who can do the ‘permanence’, we will be open 1 to 2 times a week.
- How much does membership cost?
Membership costs 20 euros and is valid for one year.
- How can I donate a membership?
We work together with partner organisations in the neighbourhood such as the CPAS, ONE, and others, they are well informed of people who can make good use of a membership.
- How many items can I borrow at a time?
You can borrow up to 4 small items at a time and 2 larger items (6 in total).
- How long can I borrow the items for?
You always borrow the items for 1 month. You can borrow the items for up to 4 months. The condition is that you call / come in person during the permanence to prolong.
- How many items are in stock?
First, we want to do a small round of questions with interested parties about which things are most needed. On that basis we will build up the stock.
- How do I know if the items are available?
A link to the inventory will be posted on the website http://www.babytheek.be. There you can see if something is in stock.
- What happens if something breaks down?
We will always ask you to do everything possible to repair the item product first. If not, we look to see if we can recover the object internally.
- Am I insured against theft?
The items are not insured against theft from the babytek library. If something is stolen from you at home, you must report it to the police and take charge of your household insurance.
- I live in Schaarbeek/Antwerp/Leuven/Ostend, can I also become a member of the Babytek?
Yes! Anyone can become a member of the Babytek. You will have to come and pick up the items yourself. We can’t ship items.
- I would like to become a volunteer of the Babytek, who can I turn to?
Great! Please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I want to pass on my membership to someone, can that be done?
It is possible. Simply let us know the details of the new person.
- Can I book equipment online or by phone?
No. Priority is given to the person who physically arrives.